What is the Classroom Network?
The Classroom Network provides access to the UCLA Campus Backbone and the Internet from a General Assignment (GA) Classroom.
Where is the Classroom Network available?
Classroom Network ports are currently available in all GA classrooms. To see what buildings have GA Classrooms, please visit our Classrooms section.
How do I connect to the Classroom Network?
In order to use the campus network from a GA Classroom, you will require the following configuration:
- Windows (XP, Vista, 7 or later), Mac OS X (10.5 Leopard - later), or Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, etc)
- A UCLA Bruin OnLine Account
(To establish a Bruin OnLine Account call: 310-825-7452 or go to The Bruin OnLine Home Page)
- An Ethernet connector on your computer and an Ethernet cable
- TCP/IP configured for DHCP
- DNS set to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 (Recommended)
Who do I contact for more information or to report problems while using the Classroom Network?
Please contact the Audio Visual Services department at [email protected] or 310-206-6597.
What about wireless access?
Information about campus wireless coverage and wireless network access is available at Bruin OnLine (BOL), https://www.bol.ucla.edu/services/wireless/