Assisting Distressed & Distressing Students: Remote Learning
The UCLA Counseling & Psychological Services is offering virtual trainings and workshops in Spring 2020. Please see below for details.
Faculty, TAs and staff play a critical role in a student's university experience and are in a position to become aware of a student in distress even during remote learning. Many students are under an even greater level of stress due to the pandemic, but many of them are not aware that most UCLA support services are still available to them.
This workshop will help participants understand:
- How to partner with us to create a campus culture of health
- How to create a culture of health during remote learning
- How to identify signs of distress
- What resources are available for students both on-campus, by phone and online
- How to refer a student in need of assistance to the appropriate office
- How to intervene if there is an imminent risk of harm