TA Training Workshop: Cheating, Grade Complaints, & Disruptive Behavior: Prevention and Management
In this workshop, participants will discuss strategies for creating respectful class communities that will minimize instances of academic misconduct, grade complaints, and disruptive behavior. We’ll address setting clear expectations, fostering students’ sense of personal responsibility, creating a course culture that facilitates active learning and participation, and dealing with disciplinary issues. We'll practice a variety of classroom management scenarios as a group, and discuss individual concerns.
Fall Quarter TA Training Workshops
Center for the Advancement of Teaching TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for fall quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom.
- Monday, 11/4 (12:00-1:30 PM): Cheating, Grade Complaints, and Disruptive Behavior: Prevention & Management
- Tuesday, 11/5 (12:30-2:00 PM): The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
- Wednesday, 11/6 (4:00-5:30 PM): Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
- Tuesday, 11/12 (2:00-3:30 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Wednesday, 11/13 (10:30 AM-12:00 PM): Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Monday, 11/18 (10:30-12:00 PM): How Students Learn
- Tuesday, 11/19 (10:30 AM-12:00 PM): Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
- Wednesday, 11/20 (2:00-3:30 PM): Creating Inclusive Classrooms
If you are unable to register, please feel free to join us anyway. We seek to accommodate as many people as possible.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you.