TA Training Workshop: How Students Learn
This workshop will offer an overview of how students learn and teaching techniques that will help your students achieve their goals. You will examine why material you’ve learned has stuck with you and the best ways to help your students hold onto the content you teach. Through activities and discussion, you will learn how to build on students’ prior knowledge, help students organize new knowledge, tap into students’ drives to learn, and use activities to encourage students to set goals. Our focus will be on the practical application of student-centered instruction.
Winter Quarter TA Training Workshops
Center for the Advancement of Teaching TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for winter quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom.
- Tuesday, 1/28 (4:30–6:00 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Wednesday, 1/29 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Tuesday, 2/18 (12:00–1:30 PM): Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Thursday, 2/20 (4:00–5:30 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Friday, 2/21 (10:00–11:30 AM): Giving Feedback: Assessing Student Writing
- Monday, 2/24 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
- Wednesday, 2/26 (12:30–2:00 PM): The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
- Thursday, 2/27 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
If you are unable to register, please feel free to join us anyway. We seek to accommodate as many people as possible.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you.