TA Training Workshop: Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
This workshop builds on concepts and strategies learned in Creating Inclusive Classrooms to help instructors develop knowledge and skills for interrupting bias and managing hot moments in the classroom. Participants will engage in and practice key concepts including: vulnerability, active listening, recognizing intent versus impact, and strategies for confronting bias. Participants will walk away with a deeper understanding of the impact of bias from both a student’s and an instructor’s perspective, as well as concrete tools for troubleshooting friction in the classroom.
Please note: It is strongly recommended that you take our Creating Inclusive Classrooms workshop first.
Fall Quarter TA Training Workshops
Center for the Advancement of Teaching TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for fall quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom.
- Wednesday, 11/6 (4:00-5:30 PM): Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
- Tuesday, 11/12 (2:00-3:30 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Wednesday, 11/13 (10:30 AM-12:00 PM): Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Monday, 11/18 (10:30-12:00 PM): How Students Learn
- Tuesday, 11/19 (10:30 AM-12:00 PM): Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
- Wednesday, 11/20 (2:00-3:30 PM): Creating Inclusive Classrooms
If you are unable to register, please feel free to join us anyway. We seek to accommodate as many people as possible.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you.