TA Training Workshop: Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
This workshop builds on concepts and strategies learned in Creating Inclusive Classrooms to help you develop knowledge and skills for interrupting bias and managing hot moments in the classroom. In this workshop, you will engage in and practice vulnerability, active listening, recognizing intent versus impact, and strategies for confronting bias. You will walk away with a deeper understanding of the impact of bias from the perspectives of both students and instructors, as well as concrete tools for troubleshooting friction in the classroom.
Winter Quarter TA Training Workshops
Center for the Advancement of Teaching TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for winter quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom.
- Tuesday, 1/14 (4:30–6:00 PM): Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
- Thursday, 1/16 (4:30–6:00 PM): Active Learning Strategies for Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Sections
- Friday, 1/17 (12:30–2:00 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Wednesday, 1/22 (2:30–4:00 PM): Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
- Thursday, 1/23 (4:00–5:30 PM): Teaching Humanities & Social Sciences Writing
- Friday, 1/24 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): How Students Learn
- Tuesday, 1/28 (4:30–6:00 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Wednesday, 1/29 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Tuesday, 2/18 (12:00–1:30 PM): Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Thursday, 2/20 (4:00–5:30 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Friday, 2/21 (10:00–11:30 AM): Giving Feedback: Assessing Student Writing
- Monday, 2/24 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
- Wednesday, 2/26 (12:30–2:00 PM): The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
- Thursday, 2/27 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
If you are unable to register, please feel free to join us anyway. We seek to accommodate as many people as possible.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you.