TA Training Workshop: The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
Good lesson plans mean more effective instruction that maximizes student learning. This workshop will serve as a model for effective lesson planning, focusing on formulating teachable learning objectives and how to align teaching strategies to them. We will break down the process of creating effective lesson plans into manageable steps, providing the opportunity to tailor these to the needs of your individual disciplines.
Fall Quarter TA Training Workshops
Center for the Advancement of Teaching TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for fall quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom.
- Tuesday, 11/5 (12:30-2:00 PM): The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
- Wednesday, 11/6 (4:00-5:30 PM): Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
- Tuesday, 11/12 (2:00-3:30 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Wednesday, 11/13 (10:30 AM-12:00 PM): Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Monday, 11/18 (10:30-12:00 PM): How Students Learn
- Tuesday, 11/19 (10:30 AM-12:00 PM): Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
- Wednesday, 11/20 (2:00-3:30 PM): Creating Inclusive Classrooms
If you are unable to register, please feel free to join us anyway. We seek to accommodate as many people as possible.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you.