TA Training Workshop: Teaching Humanities & Social Sciences Writing
This workshop will address how to efficiently and effectively help students with their writing in your specific course. Through writing activities and discussions of best practices, you will learn to incorporate writing activities into your sections without losing time for addressing content.
Winter Quarter TA Training Workshops
Center for the Advancement of Teaching TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for winter quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom.
- Friday, 1/24 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): How Students Learn
- Tuesday, 1/28 (4:30–6:00 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Wednesday, 1/29 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Tuesday, 2/18 (12:00–1:30 PM): Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Thursday, 2/20 (4:00–5:30 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Friday, 2/21 (10:00–11:30 AM): Giving Feedback: Assessing Student Writing
- Monday, 2/24 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
- Wednesday, 2/26 (12:30–2:00 PM): The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
- Thursday, 2/27 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
If you are unable to register, please feel free to join us anyway. We seek to accommodate as many people as possible.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you.