TA Training Workshop: Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
Being a TA can be challenging. You juggle research, teaching schedules, important meetings, and your personal life. There is no universal roadmap for how to keep all of these priorities balanced and sequenced properly, but this workshop will help you organize your quarterly schedule and prioritize tasks according to importance and urgency. You will learn strategies to achieve balance and identify online and campus resources to support your time-management goals.
Winter Quarter TA Training Workshops
Center for the Advancement of Teaching TA Training Program is excited to announce workshops for TAs for winter quarter. Whether you are a current TA or are just interested in teaching, join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom.
- Thursday, 1/23 (4:00–5:30 PM): Teaching Humanities & Social Sciences Writing
- Friday, 1/24 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): How Students Learn
- Tuesday, 1/28 (4:30–6:00 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Wednesday, 1/29 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Tuesday, 2/18 (12:00–1:30 PM): Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Thursday, 2/20 (4:00–5:30 PM): Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Friday, 2/21 (10:00–11:30 AM): Giving Feedback: Assessing Student Writing
- Monday, 2/24 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Time Management: Meeting Multiple Goals as a Graduate Student, TA, and Human
- Wednesday, 2/26 (12:30–2:00 PM): The Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning
- Thursday, 2/27 (10:30 AM–12:00 PM): Interrupting Bias to Cultivate Inclusivity
If you are unable to register, please feel free to join us anyway. We seek to accommodate as many people as possible.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you.